Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We were created for the purpose of providing services for disabled and vulnerable people to support them to be as independent as possible and be included in our communities. We have a long history of championing the rights of our clients and supporting equal opportunities among our staff. We are proud of our achievements and the positive feedback we receive from external audits.
We aim to be a leading organisation for promoting equality and diversity both in our service delivery and as an employer. We are committed to ensuring that all staff and clients feel welcome and are not discriminated against or treated unfairly.
See below for our Gender Pay Gap Reports.
We aim to:
- Ensure that our policy, strategy and the legal context on diversity is consistently understood by our Board members, staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate clear leadership and good governance on diversity
- Have a board and staff composition which reflects the community we serve and understands the issues of diversity
- Understand and integrate equality and diversity issues in our service developments
- Have a comprehensive understanding of our future and current service user base
- Ensure fair and equal access to our services
- Ensure that all clients from the range of our diverse communities are able to be involved in Southdown to the level they desire
- Promote community cohesion and social inclusion by understanding and working with the full range of organisations in the area
- Ensure our procurement policies reflect our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.