Governance & Regulators
The role of Southdown’s Board is to provide strategic direction and to govern, control and scrutinise the organisation’s operations. It makes sure that we stay focussed on our charitable purpose and Southdown is financially secure, well-run and delivers on all its responsibilities to clients, communities, commissioners and staff.
The Board meets regularly to review our performance, review risks, discuss opportunities and to support our Executive Team to implement our plans.
Our Board has 10 members who have a wide range of experience in strategic management, housing, social care and other areas of Southdown’s work.
Visit our People Directory to see who’s who in our Board.
Southdown Housing Association Limited is an exempt charity. We are also a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
Due to the range of services we provide, we are registered and regulated by a number of organisations, including:
- RSH (Regulator of Social Housing): We’re registered, monitored by and work to their best practice standards. The RSH’s role is to promote a viable, efficient and well governed social housing sector, able to deliver homes that meet a range of needs.
- NHF (National Housing Federation): We’re a member and work to their best practice standards. As the trade body for the housing association sector, the NHF influences, campaigns and engages with the media, politicians and the public on behalf of its members.
- CQC (Care Quality Commission): We’re registered, monitored by and work to best practice standards. Where we deliver care services, we must show evidence that we comply with The CQC’ Essential Standards. The CQC regulates all health and adult social care services in England to ensure they meet the essential standards of quality and safety.
- FCA (Financial Conduct Authority): We’re registered, monitored by and work to their best practice standards. The FCA is the conduct regulator for nearly 60,000 financial services firms and financial markets in the UK.
- ICO (Information Commissioner's Office): We’re registered and work to their best practice standards. Our Data Protection Officer is Vikki Hayward-Cripps, Deputy Chief Executive. The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights.