Latest updates related to the Coronavirus
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, we will be keeping this page up to date with the latest information on what Southdown is doing to protect the safety, health and wellbeing of our staff, tenants, clients and the wider community across Sussex. If you have any questions or concerns relating to Southdown services, please see the individual service updates (links below) or contact us by calling 01273 405 800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message from our Chief Executive, Neil Blanchard:
"During these unprecedented and rapidly changing times, the health and wellbeing of our staff, clients and wider local communities, is at the very forefront of our plans to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
Since hearing about the pandemic, we immediately put in place best practice measures advised by the Government, including implementing plans of social distancing for staff and clients and the protection of our most vulnerable clients within our Learning Disability Services. We also developed robust plans for all parts of Southdown to best protect the safety, health and wellbeing of our staff, clients, tenants and wider local communities across Sussex. All of our activities are overseen by our ‘Coronavirus Response Team’ which monitors developments and coordinates plans aligned to the changing situation.
Colleagues and teams across the organisation have worked incredibly hard to put these plans into action, providing invaluable support to one another as the way we work and operate our services have radically changed. This has been no mean feat and has been incredibly humbling to watch as everybody has come together to do what has been necessary.
In addition, I’m incredibly proud of the acts of kindness happening across the organisation as well as the fantastic response to our call out for volunteer Southdown Reservists - staff working in our Central and Community Support Services who have taken on additional roles to support our Learning Disability Services.
Southdown’s Board, Executive Team and myself would like to thank all of our colleagues working across Southdown for their commitment, flexibility and compassion towards one another during this challenging time."
Our key priorities as we navigate the evolving situation:
1. Protect the safety, health and wellbeing of all our clients, tenants, staff and their families
2. Work flexibly and in collaboration with local authorities, NHS and other providers to ensure the safe delivery of services for the most vulnerable people within our communities
3. Ensure that we have sufficient staff resources deployed across our learning disability services to continue to provide safe levels of care and support for our most vulnerable clients
4. Continue to provide support and reassurance to all of our community support service clients even if we have to reduce face-to-face contact and close wellbeing venues
5. Provide an effective emergency and urgent repairs service for our tenants, if needed
6. Maintain core central services to support the running of the organisation and business and financial processes
Latest Government advice:
For the latest government guidance, to find out what you can do to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and for advice if you think you might be infected or at risk, please visit the NHS website. The Government's website also hosts information on the latest guidance and support available.
Information for our clients and tenants:
If you are a client, tenant, or a family member of someone who uses our services, please see the links below for the latest information regarding the Coronavirus and individual services.
For detailed financial information relating to the Coronavirus, please see our Welfare Benefits Advice page here.
Click here for an update for Southdown tenants from Sarah Murphy, our Housing and Property Services Senior Manager.
Learning Disability Support Services
Our Learning Disability Support Services have robust plans in place and are working extremely hard to do what they can to protect the safety, health and wellbeing of our clients. If you have any questions relating to our Learning Disability Services, please call 01273 405 800 or email email@example.com.
We currently have job vacancies in our Learning Disability Services. If you are interested in joining our team, take a look at our jobs page. You can also get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01273 405 800.
Housing and Homelessness Prevention Support
- Community Moves (Brighton & Hove): Click here for more information.
- Home Works (East Sussex): Click here for more information.
- Housing Brokerage Service (Sussex): Click here for more information.
- Southdown Homelessness Prevention & Mental Health Support Service (Brighton & Hove): Click here for more information.
- West Sussex Services: Click here for more information.
Mental Health Recovery Support
- Community Connectors (East Sussex): Click here for more information.
- Community Roots (Brighton & Hove): Click here for more information.
- The Lighthouse (Brighton & Hove): Click here for more information.
- Peer Support Service (East Sussex Community Network): Click here for more information.
- People in Partnership (East Sussex): Click here for more information.
- Preston Park Recovery Centre (Brighton & Hove): Click here for more information.
- Recovery College (Brighton & Hove): Click here for more information.
- Staying Well Space (East Sussex Community Network): Click here for more information.
- Thinking Well (East Sussex Community Network): Click here for more information.
- Wellbeing Centres (East Sussex Community Network): Click here for more information.
- Work and Wellbeing (Sussex): Click here for more information.
- Work in Mind (East Sussex): Click here for more information.
There is also a wealth of additional information and online resources out there that you can tap into to support your own personal resilience, health and wellbeing as well as that of your family and loved ones. We're using @SouthdownHA on Facebook and Twitter to share some of these resources - do follow us and share your own tips on what's working for you.
Stay safe and take care.