Covid-19 Employment Support Service (Brighton, Hove and West Sussex)
About the service
During the Covid-19 pandemic many people’s mental wellbeing and employment has been impacted. This service provides dedicated employment support and guidance for people living with mental health challenges, including:
- Employment support for individuals who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic.
- Support for people who are at immediate risk of losing their jobs/ businesses to secure employment opportunities.
- In work support for individuals during a transition period into employment, for up to three months, enabling them to retain their new positions.
- Signposting support to those in contact with the service to clinical health and other support services as required.
- Targeted support to areas of high economic need.
Coronavirus Statement (17th May 2021)
We are adhering to social distancing and all Covid-19 safety advice set out by the Government.
We can now resume in person support by meeting clients outside, or inside Covid safe venues (in certain circumstances). We will continue to offer phone support where this is appropriate.
Clients will be contacted prior to support to ask a few COVID safety questions in order to keep both our clients and staff safe.
In accordance with Southdown requirements, staff will be taking Lateral Flow Tests prior to all in person appointments.
What support is provided?
Once you’ve been referred to the service, you will be assigned an Employment Specialist who will provide one-to-one support sessions (up to a maximum of eight), to help you secure paid work, volunteering, education or training.
Support will be tailored to your needs, including identifying what your vocational goals are, addressing barriers to retaining or securing work and wellbeing support.
The sessions will take place online via a video call or by phone. Support to use online video technology will be provided as needed.
Am I eligible?
Support is available for people with mental health support needs and whose employment status has been directly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
How do I apply?
You can refer yourself to the service and we also accept referrals from organisations on behalf of individuals. The organisations we accept referrals from are:
- Primary Care Networks/GP surgeries
- Adult Wellbeing “practitioner” service in Brighton
- Healthcare Trusts
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’ Clinical Services
- IAPT services
- Job Centre Plus
- Community Roots in Brighton (via the Central Access Point phoneline)
- Pathfinder in West Sussex
To apply for support, please complete the referral form below in the 'Downloads' section below and send it to us by email to: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the service or would like to know more, please get in touch using the contact details below.