Southdown Homelessness Prevention & Mental Health Support Service (Brighton & Hove)
Previously known as Community Links and Community Connections, the Southdown Homelessness Prevention and Mental Health Support Service provides short-term, flexible support to prevent homelessness and improve people's mental health and wellbeing.
Coronavirus Statement (6th April 2021)
We are adhering to social distancing and all Covid-19 safety advice set out by the government.
We are currently offering a blend of telephone support and face-to-face support where this can be delivered whilst keeping our clients and staff safe.
We can help in a range of ways:
- Support to prevent eviction by working with landlords and housing agencies
- Help and support to find new accommodation
- Support with budgeting and welfare benefits
- Understanding responsibilities and rights as a tenant / home owner
Mental Health Support
- Support to build self-confidence, reduce isolation and improve mental wellbeing
- Help to develop links with community agencies and groups
- Substance misuse support
- Help to access health services
- Help to access employment and learning opportunities
- Support for families and carers
How does the service work?
You will be offered an informal one to one with one of our team to discuss your situation and how we can help. We will then work with you to create an action plan tailored to your needs. We will review your plan regularly and reduce support as goals are achieved.
Am I eligible?
This is a free service for adults aged 18 and over living in Brighton and Hove living in private rented sector accommodation, who are at risk of homelessness and need support to secure or sustain their accommodation and/or support to manage an identified mental health need.
How do I apply?
We accept self-referrals and referrals on behalf of individuals from services and organisations across Brighton and Hove, including Supported Housing providers, Health Trusts and GPs.
To make a self-referral please call us on the number below. To make a referral on behalf of an individual please download the referral form (see below) and once completed email it to us using the details provided.