It is important that our tenants, as well as our clients and other stakeholders, are able to openly access information on our priorities and are able to review our performance. As well as the information provided below, you may also find information in the Openness and Transparency page on our website useful.
In September 2022, our tenant contribution arrears were £62,630.86. This figure is equivalent to 1.58% of our rental income. The benchmark standard for tenant contribution arrears for Housing Associations is 2% of rental income.
In September 2022:
- We attended 100% and completed 98.61% of emergency repairs within target.
- 98.88% of our urgent repairs were completed within the target timescale of 7 working days. This is above our target of 90%.
- 96.91% of standard jobs were attended to and completed within our timescale of 28 working days. Our target is 90% completed within target.
The information below is for September 2022 and shows that we are 98.99% compliant overall.
- Fire Risk Assessments – Our Compliance and Fire Safety Manager left the business in August 2022 so we have contracted out to Brighton Fire Alarms. Some staff office units were omitted from the original list that was sent to them. These sites have now been added and works orders have been issued. There are a number of sites where Fire Assessments have been carried out, but we are still waiting for the written assessments. Recruitment is continuing to find a new Compliance and Fire Safety Manager.
- Mobility Equipment (LOLER) – One inspection of an overhead hoist was not carried out due to the tenant refusing to allow access for our Contractors.
- Portable Appliance Testing – All of the overdue PAT testing is at one building. This building is in a process of redevelopment and all appliances will be tested as part of our void process.
- Vehicle (MOT’s) – One vehicle has an overdue MOT and has been booked in for 23 October 2022. In the meantime the vehicle is not in use.
Your right to safety and compliance certification
You have a right to request any of the following in relation to your property or block:
- Fire Risk Assessment (commissioned annually)
- EICR – Electrical safety certificate (commissioned every five years)
- Gas Saf_ety Certificate (commissioned annually in properties with a gas supply)
- EPC Certificate (showing the energy performance of your property)
If you do want us to send certification to you, please complete this online form. Our default will be to email the documentation to you but if you do not have access to email please tick the box to say so and we will send the documentation via post.
There was one complaint in the Housing Division in September 2022. This was responded to within 7 days. Though the complaint was not upheld we were able to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of the tenant.