Report a repair
We are committed to keeping the properties we manage in the best possible condition. To help us to do this we have a dedicated Property Services Team who regularly inspect our properties and consult with our tenants to put in place a programme of regular maintenance.
Please note: we are not responsible for repairs on some of the properties we lease to our tenants. If this is the case, your Housing Officer will let you know who you need to contact and their telephone number.
Reporting a repair
To report a repair call our Property Services team on 01273 898 744. If an emergency or urgent repair is needed out-of-hours, at weekends or on bank holidays call our 24 hour service on 01323 636 202. Tenants who are deaf or hard of hearing can contact this service via fax on 01323 636 398.
When reporting a repair it is helpful if you can give us as much information as possible, for example:
- Your full address
- What the problem is
- Where is it (which room and floor)?
- What you think might have caused it
- Provide as much detail as possible, e.g. type/make or model of faulty part, colour, materials, approximate dimensions
- Access details - when is it most convenient for the contractor to visit?
What happens next?
We will log your request and usually contact one of our approved contractors to arrange for the work to be completed. The contractor will contact you as soon as possible to arrange a time that is convenient for the repair work to be done.
For more complicated jobs, our team may arrange a visit to look at the problem and work out the most effective way of resolving the issue.
When we receive your call, we will log your repair request and allocate a priority category of either Emergency, Urgent or Routine. This defines the target response time for the repair you have reported.
- Emergency: Repair completion target is 24 hours
- Urgent: Repair completion target is 7 days
- Routine: Repair completion target is 28 days
Reporting a repair to another landlord
Where we are not responsible for repairs, please contact one of the following:
- Speak directly to your landlord/managing agent
- Speak to your Floating Support Officer/Housing Officer for advice on how to contact your landlord
- Contact Southdown’s Property Services Team (see details below) who can raise the repair request on your behalf
We take pride in our repairs service and are keen to receive feedback to continue to improve the service we provide.
Please make sure you complete a customer satisfaction slip and report any problems or dissatisfaction with repair work undertaken that you have and we will try to resolve the matter. We are also always looking for your ideas on how to improve the service we provide.
To share any comments, compliments or concerns contact us using the details below or email our Housing and Property Services Senior Manager, Sarah Murphy at Sarah.email@example.com