Employment Specialist – Haywards Heath
Salary: £25,396 - £27,093 per year Plus £1000 per year Car User Allowance
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: West Sussex
Closing Date: 12/11/2023
37 hours per week
£25,396 – £27,093 per year
Plus £1000 per year Car User Allowance
Southdown’s Work & Wellbeing Service in West Sussex helps people accessing treatment for mental health support, back into employment. As an employer, we know the importance of wellbeing at work and our recent staff survey revealed an over 90% work and employer satisfaction score. Many of our staff have been with Southdown for over 10 years and enjoy additional benefits for long service.
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer a range of other benefits including paid mileage, training, private healthcare, retail discount opportunities, additional holiday buying scheme, cycle to work, staff loans and staff wellbeing days.
You will be working in partnership with Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust and co-located within clinical teams, with opportunities for remote and community-based working integral to the role.
- Do you believe you have the transferable skills to support individuals to fulfil their employment goals?
- Are you already an Employability Practitioner looking for a new challenge in a more holistic work environment?
- Do you understand the importance of work and the vital role it can play in the lives of those with heath conditions or disabilities?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then we would love to hear from you.
- You will be managing a caseload of clients who are in structured treatment for varied mental health issues.
- You will be assisting them in securing sustainable paid employment in line with their preferences.
- You will deliver the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model (see link below for more information about the role)
- You will be providing person-centred guidance and coaching to clients, whilst building positive relationships with local employers to enable clients to move into suitable employment.
- You will work as part of the mental health Assessment and Treatment Service, maintaining positive and integrated relationships, fostering a holistic approach to recovery through employment.
- You will be part of a wider Sussex-based team of employment specialists, with regular access to meetings and discussions with your manager and team.
- You will have exceptional communication skills, be reactive to the differing needs of the client and be able to adapt your approach as appropriate.
This is a rewarding role, with employment being the final stage in the path to recovery.
Please take a look at this short video about a day in the life of our mental health Employment Specialist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_okVIkPMXs
Southdown is a psychologically informed organisation where the well-being and happiness of our employees matter. We’re committed to creating a positive and compassionate work environment where employees feel valued, respected and inspired to do their best. In addition, we’re a family-friendly employer that recognises the importance of a work-life balance. If you share our values and want to work for an organisation that helps change lives for the better, we want to hear from you
We are a Disability Confident Employer and are fully committed to supporting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and welcome applications from all candidates that meet our job specifications. If you feel there is a barrier that potentially prevents you from applying, do get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we are always happy to discuss (or arrange a discussion with the recruiting manager) to explore if any reasonable adjustments can be made to support your application
Closing date for applications: 12 November 2023
Interviews will be held: 16 November 2023