Health and Wellbeing Advisor – West Sussex
Salary: £22,054-£24,187 per year plus £1000 essential car user allowance
Hours: 37 per week
Location: West Sussex
Closing Date: 31/10/2022
Screen and Intervene
Full time – 37 hours
Salary – £22,054-£24,187 per year plus £1000 essential car user allowance
Would you like to work for an established charitable organisation that has great values, offers brilliant benefits and takes a person-centred approach to everything they do?
The Southdown Screen and Intervene Service support clients with severe mental illness (SMI) to engage with their Physical Health Check outcomes and wider Social Prescribing support needs to improve their health and wellbeing.
These innovative roles will be joining the Health and Wellbeing team in West Sussex, working alongside the teams in Brighton and Hove and East Sussex and working in partnership with Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust and local GP’s, to provide invaluable targeted mental health and holistic support in Sussex.
You will be
- Supporting SMI clients to engage in their Physical Health Check outcomes following their annual Physical Health Check within their GP Surgery
- Motivating clients to engage with and take ownership of their health and wellbeing
- Providing short term support to a caseload of clients with complex needs
- Link clients into the community as a holistic approach engaging them to improve their health and wellbeing
- Promote and support the implementation and development of the service
- Build and maintain professional relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Identify areas of support within the community and mental health services that supports the client’s goals
- Using a In house and partners IT systems to record and monitor client information and manage your caseload
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a good understanding of working within mental health and wellbeing or equivalent transferable skills and a genuine passion for supporting people to explore their needs. You’ll receive a comprehensive induction followed up with regular training – we’ll invest in you to give you all the tools you need to succeed. You’ll join a supportive, flexible team and be working for one of the leading providers of mental health services in Sussex.
This post requires you to be a driver with access to a car for work.
An Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity will be required for successful applicants –Southdown pay the cost.
If you are excited by the idea of empowering a wide range of diverse people to make the next step towards a real change in their lives, please visit
Southdown is a not-for-profit organisation that actively promotes diversity & equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community