Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We were created for the purpose of providing services for disabled and vulnerable people to support them to be as independent as possible and be included in our communities. We have a long history of championing the rights of our clients and supporting equal opportunities among our staff. We are proud of our achievements and the positive feedback we receive from external audits.
We aim to be a leading organisation for promoting equality and diversity both in our service delivery and as an employer. We are committed to ensuring that all staff and clients feel welcome and are not discriminated against or treated unfairly.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We aim to:
- Ensure that our policy, strategy and the legal context on diversity is consistently understood by our Board members, staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate clear leadership and good governance on diversity
- Have a board and staff composition which reflects the community we serve and understands the issues of diversity
- Understand and integrate equality and diversity issues in our service developments
- Have a comprehensive understanding of our future and current service user base
- Ensure fair and equal access to our services
- Ensure that all clients from the range of our diverse communities are able to be involved in Southdown to the level they desire
- Promote community cohesion and social inclusion by understanding and working with the full range of organisations in the area
- Ensure our procurement policies reflect our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
We pride ourselves on creating a culture that challenges prejudice and values diversity. We are committed to ensuring that all our employees and clients feel welcome and are not discriminated against or treated unfairly.
We believe that direct or indirect discrimination is wrong and ensure that our policies and practices provide equal treatment for everyone. Adherence to our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy is a condition of employment and a copy of the policy is given to all job applicants and employees.
All our managers are trained in anti-discriminatory recruitment practice. The diversity of our employees is monitored to ensure we continue to represent the diversity of the local communities we work in. We are accredited by several national bodies for recruiting employees to best practice standards.
We monitor the salaries of our workforce to ensure that there is no bias regarding gender and that they are fair. See below for our Gender Pay Gap Reports.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring
Our recruitment and selection procedures are designed to avoid any unfair discrimination towards candidates when considering applications for employment. To help us monitor our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and the effectiveness of our recruitment practices, we ask all applicants to complete a Equality, Diversity and Inclusion monitoring form (which is at the end of the application form).
Information provided is treated as confidential and will be viewed and monitored by our Human Resources team only. The monitoring form does not form part of the selection process and will not be seen by the selection panel. If you would not like to share these details, please select ‘prefer not to say’ for each heading.