Everyone has the right to live their life well.
To provide exceptional community support services and housing across Sussex which enable people to live well.
What we do
We are a robust and successful organisation supporting around 10,000 people a year (approximately 540 of whom are tenants), employing 750 staff and with a turnover of £30 million.
We deliver specialist, person-centred support across Sussex:
- 24-hour care & support
- Mental and physical wellbeing
- Peer support
- Learning & employment
- Social landlord
Our clients and tenants have mental health difficulties or learning disabilities or are people who are or have been homeless. A smaller number have addiction issues or sensory or physical disabilities. All are offered the support they need to live their life well.
Over the past 50 years, Southdown has grown to become one of the largest voluntary sector employers in Sussex and has an excellent reputation for staff training and development.
Everything we do is driven by our core values, which are adopted and enacted day in, day out in all our services.
Our income sources
- Commissioned contracts
- Rent and service charge income
- Commissioned packages of support for individual clients
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surpluses into service development and delivery.
Our added value (what we do best)
- Big enough to be taken seriously, small and local enough to care (approachable and accessible)
- Renowned for consistency, quality, reliability and professionalism
- Unique capability to act as an inclusive VCSE (Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise) Lead Provider
- Being a psychologically informed organisation
- We influence and innovate on behalf of the wider VCSE sector
- We believe in and stand up for our people(our clients and colleagues)