We work hard to ensure that we are leading best practice in the services we deliver and the way we treat our employees.
As well as complying with all relevant standards and guidelines from regulators, we benchmark our work against leading private, public, and not-for-profit organisations.
We’ve invested in dedicated Quality and Performance resources. We’re also an active member of various trade bodies, strategy groups and partnerships, and regularly collaborate with local and national research agencies.
We deliver excellent, high quality services
Quality and performance
Our Quality and Performance analysts oversee data collection and analysis across all our services and initiatives. This focused, analytical approach helps us understand why different models of support and interventions are effective , and how we can keep improving.
Our Board has overall responsibility for good governance and ensuring that we meet all our regulatory and legal requirements.
Our Risk, Audit and Performance Committee regularly reviews all our activity around quality, such as maintaining and exceeding our ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements.
As a result of our commitment to excellence and effectiveness in service design and delivery, we’ve been recognised as an IPS (Individual Placement and Support) Centre of Excellence by the Centre of Mental Health.
Our Positive Behaviour Support training and Restrictive Physical Interventions training have also been formally certified by the British Institute of Learning Disability Association of Certified Training (BILD ACT) as meeting the new Restraint Reduction Network (RRN) standards.
We collaborate with local and national agencies on research. As a leading provider of care and support for vulnerable people, we believe we have a responsibility to support the development of best practice in the sectors within which we work.
Health and safety
We have an excellent record of ensuring the safety of our clients and employees, and our high standards have been recognised by the British Safety Council for the past six years. We’re also fully accredited by the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme.
We continually review and update our health and safety systems to meet the changing needs of our clients and employees as well as all relevant regulations and legal requirements. We promote a positive and proactive health and safety culture within our organisation and across our operations.
This is underpinned by a systematic approach to the management of health and safety which includes:
- having clear and accessible health and safety policies which are easy to understand and implement
- actively minimising any risk to employees, clients, and the wider community
- helping our clients develop an awareness of health and safety issues at home, in the community, and in work and training and to gain the skills to keep them safe
- making sure that all our properties and working environments are safe and comply with relevant regulations
- ensuring all our contractors and sub-contractors have appropriate health and safety measures in place
- monitoring and recording accidents, incidents, near misses, dangerous occurrences, and any health, safety or environmental-related sickness absence, so that we can ensure safe practices and appropriate staff support is in place
- achieving occupational health and wellbeing targets
- maintaining and continually improving measurable standards in occupational health and safety
- demonstrating our commitment and compliance to health and safety standards to our clients and stakeholders
- promoting the benefits of good health and safety management to all staff as well as promoting the general benefits of a healthy lifestyle