A person's hands are typing on their laptop on a table, with a black cup of coffee next to them.

Domestic abuse

Are you experiencing domestic abuse?  Do you know of someone who is experiencing abuse and may need help and support?  There are a number of national and local organisations that can provide support and guidance to anyone in the above situations.

If you are ever in immediate danger contact the Police by calling 999. If you can’t talk because the perpetrator is nearby, you can then press the numbers ‘55’ into your mobile phone which will alert the operator to your situation.

Your local GP, Health Visitor or Midwife may also be able to provide help, support and guidance.

National services

Local services

How to apply for housing

To be eligible for a Southdown tenancy a person must be on the Housing Register with their Local Authority Housing Options team. We do not hold our own waiting list so cannot respond to direct enquiries about housing. When a property becomes available, the Local Authority will nominate an eligible person off their waiting list to become our next tenant. If you believe that you require the kind of supported housing that Southdown provides, you should make it clear to the Housing Options team that you consider yourself to require extra support.

Details of how to apply for housing with the Local Authorities we work with can be accessed through the links listed below: