Registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Southdown Housing Association is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk), registration number Z6895951.
(Please note the following applies to services who use Southdown recording systems. Some of our services access data through other organisation’s recording systems, such as where we have staff based in GP practices, in which case your worker can refer you to the Privacy Notice of that organisation).
Southdown collects, stores and processes (uses) personal data for several purposes, mainly:
- To provide care and support services to our clients and tenants
- In our role as landlord to our tenants
We will only process your personal information for one of the following reasons:
- We have a ‘legitimate interest’, for example in order to fulfil the requirements of our support service contracts with our commissioners
- We have a contract with you that we can only fulfill by using your personal information
- We have obtained your consent to do so
- There is a substantial public interest to ensure equality of opportunity and treatment and to safeguard children and individuals at risk
The types of personal data we hold about individual clients and tenants will vary according to the services provided, and the reporting requirements of our commissioners. The table below highlights the types of personal data that we use, what we use it for and the legal basis for this.
If you are a client or tenant and access more than one Southdown service, some information may be shared between these services to ensure your safety, to give you a better service and to ensure the safety of our staff.