Become a Support Worker
Looking for a more rewarding role? If the daily 9-5 isn’t for you or you’re a parent who wants hours to fit around your family, have you considered Support Work? Whatever your circumstances, there’s a career path for you with Southdown.
Be there, supporting people with learning and physical disabilities to live as independently as possible. We believe in doing the very best we can for people. Their health, happiness and wellbeing really matter to us.
If you share that belief, check out our current job vacancies.
You can look forward to full training so you don’t even need experience - and you can choose your hours to fit in with your lifestyle too. There’s also the chance to gain qualifications, continually develop your skills and build a great career with the largest provider of housing, care and support in Sussex.
As a Southdown Support Worker you will...
- assist with support and care services to people who have learning disabilities and sometimes physical disabilities, within their own home and out in the community
- support clients to continue to develop skills and confidence in all aspects of daily life
- be allocated to one of our services in Sussex based on your location
- be compassionate, creative and have a good sense of humour
- not need experience as we offer a full and thorough training and induction package, as well as a supportive team environment to work in
- earn £9.04-£9.44 per hour
You can also become a Bank Support Worker...
This role is ideal for people who may be looking to take a step into support work or those with a flexible approach to work. As a Southdown Bank Support Worker, you will have the same role as our permanent staff members, with the following differences:
- you will provide cover in services when permanent Support Workers are on leave, off sick or on training courses. This can be planned well in advance or at short notice. The more flexible you are, the more work you could be offered.
- you will earn £10.14 per hour (including annual leave entitlement)