About the Service
Pathways Home is a Housing Support service operating in all areas of West Sussex, jointly funded through West Sussex County Council and the seven Local Authorities in West Sussex.
Services are accessed through the Housing Needs Teams at the relevant District or Borough Council and are aimed at people aged 18 + who need housing support to sustain independent living or prevent homelessness.
The support offered is responsive to people’s changing needs and builds on their strengths, allowing them to move along a pathway to independence.
The providers of Pathways Home services will work collaboratively with other organisations such as Housing, Health and Social Care, in order to meet a person’s support needs.
Current providers of Pathways Home are:
- Southdown Housing Association in Adur, Crawley, Horsham and Worthing
- Stonepillow in Chichester
- Peabody South East Limited in Mid Sussex
- Sanctuary Housing Association in Arun
What do Southdown cover?
Southdown’s service covers Adur & Worthing, Crawley and Horsham working in partnership with each local authority’s Housing Needs department.
In Adur & Worthing and Horsham, we are also delivering the service in partnership with Turning Tides to include a Befriending & Mentoring service.
What do we offer?
- Short term, goal orientated, outcome focussed housing support to single people and families
- One-to-one support delivered face-to-face or by phone and video calls
- Tenancy sustainment to prevent homelessness
- Resettlement support for new tenants
We work with single adults (18+ years) or families who have approached their local authority for support with housing issues.
How to access
All referrals come from local authority Housing Needs departments in Adur & Worthing, Crawley and Horsham.