Good CQC rating for our learning disability services
Posted on 2 November 2022
Prior to the covid-pandemic, we were required to register our Supported Living learning disability services as single services with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rather than grouped as one entity. As a result, each service now needs to be individually inspected.
Since then all of our Supported Living services have been inspected and rated as ‘good’ by the CQC.
Sharon Clare, Director of our Client Services, said: “This is an incredible achievement and demonstrates how services have maintained quality of support whilst managing the additional pressures bought about by the pandemic. Well done to the managers and staff from all three services!”
Our Chief Executive, Neil Blanchard, added, “I get to receive the first copies of the assessment results and I am always so proud to read the positive accounts of the care and support staff provide to our clients, as well as the innovations and personalisation of activities.”
Excerpts from our services’ CQC inspection reports include:
- People’s needs and preferences were considered and care plans were clear and detailed to guide staff in how to provide care safely and in the way that people preferred. – Princes Crescent
- Staff were kind and caring and people and their relatives told us they were happy with the care provided. One relative said, “They couldn’t do more than they are doing.” – Princes Crescent
- The manager and staff were motivated and proud of the service they provided. Staff felt supported, valued and able to share their opinions. – South Farm Road
- People were supported to have maximum choice and control of their lives and staff supported them in the least restrictive way possible and in their best interests. – South Farm Road
- Staff were proactive in ensuring that people could access health care services and supported them to live healthier lives. – Milchester
- Staff knew people well and treated them with kindness, respect, and involved them in making decisions. – Milchester
- Staff also spoke highly of the registered manager and the provider. One staff member told us, “It’s a lovely place to work and everyone enjoys living and working here”. – Milchester