Community Connectors (East Sussex)
Community Connectors work in partnership with GPs in Hastings, Rother, Eastbourne, Seaford and Hailsham to help you improve your mental health and wellbeing.
We provide ‘Social Prescribing’ to help you find practical solutions to everyday issues.
What is Social Prescribing?
There are times when we all need support to address life’s challenges. Knowing how to access support available can make a big difference.
Social Prescribing supports you to link in with specialist agencies and activities in your local community that can help improve your mental and emotional wellbeing.
Am I eligible to apply?
The service is available to adults living in Hastings, Rother, Eastbourne, Seaford and Hailsham, aged 16 and over, who are experiencing issues affecting their mental health and wellbeing
What does the service provide?
Community Connectors is a free service for people with issues impacting on their mental health and where the GP or the person themself has identified that a ‘social prescription’ would be of benefit.
The service offers walk-in clinics at participating GP surgeries or alternatively, can see you in community clinics (see the below timetable for details).
A Community Navigator will work with you to create a personalised wellbeing plan, which means that you only need to see one person to connect to specialist agencies and community activities.
We can help you find practical solutions to everyday issues including:
- Social networks
- Leisure activities
GP walk-in clinics:
- Station Plaza Health Centre (Room 326, Floor 3) - GP referrals, self-referrals and any patients from any Hastings area surgeries - Tuesdays 9am-4pm, Fridays 9am-12noon only.
We can only see people in the following surgeries if they are a registered patient with them:
- Warrior Square, St Leonard’s: Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays 9am – 5pm, Wednesdays 9am - 12pm
- South Saxon Surgery, Hastings: Fridays 9am - 1pm (book via the surgery)
- Sidley Medical Practice: Thursdays 9am - 4pm
- Ferry Road Health Centre, Rye: Tuesdays 9am - 1pm
- Seaside Surgery, Eastbourne: Tuesdays 9am – 2pm
- Lighthouse Medical Practice, Milfoil Drive, Eastbourne: Thursdays 9am - 5pm
- Seddlescombe & Westfield: Alternate Wednesdays between the practices 1pm - 5pm
- Battle Health Centre: Every two weeks on a Monday 9am - 1pm
- Seaford Medical Practice: Thursdays 9am - 12.30pm
- Old School Surgery, Seaford: Thursdays 2pm – 4pm
- Fellowship of St Nicholas, 66 London Road, Hastings: Last Wednesday of each month from 10.30am - 12.30pm.
- Bexhill Wellbeing Centre, 73a London Road, TN39 3LB: 1st and 2nd Wednesday of each month 9am - 2pm
- Tilekiln Community Centre, Hollington: 3rd Wednesday of each month 9.30am - 12.30pm.
- Eastbourne Volunteers, 1 The Labyrinth, 7 Mark Lane, Eastbourne: Every Wednesday 1pm - 5pm
- Hailsham Wellbeing Centre, Prospects House, 7-9 George Street, Hailsham: Every Friday 1pm - 4.30pm
Please note: occasionally our GP walk-in and community clinics may be cancelled due to staff training so please call 01323 340151 to check that they are running first.
Provided as part of the Community Connectors Social Prescribing service in St Leonard’s-on–Sea, Connect Well (coordinated by Southdown at Marlborough House, Warrior Square) brings together local GPs and health and wellbeing providers to support people with mental health challenges to be happy, healthy and independent.
How do I apply?
We accept referrals from GPs and other health professionals. We also accept self-referrals. To refer yourself, please download and complete our self-referral form.