Community Connectors (East Sussex)
What is Social Prescribing?
There are times when we all need support to address life’s challenges. Knowing how to access available support locally can make a big difference. Social Prescribing helps you to explore services, groups and activities that can support you to improve your health and emotional wellbeing.
Addressing difficult issues needs extra time and support
Our team of Community Navigators can help by:
- Giving you the time to explore and identify what is important for your health and wellbeing and the issues you’d like to address
- Providing support and encouragement to connect to services, groups and activities that can help
We can speak with you on the phone or meet face-to-face. And, we will work with you to create a personalised plan to help you to connect with services in your community.
Areas we can support you to connect with include:
- Healthy lifestyles and active lives
- Arts, music, outdoors and creativity
- Befriending, counselling and other support groups
- Housing, benefits and financial support and advice
- Employment, training and volunteering
- Education and learning
- Getting involved in local groups and activities
- Accessing specialist services and support
Our Community Navigators are:
- Someone to talk to confidentially
- Someone who is practical, helpful and who will not judge you
- Someone who can help you decide what you’d like to do to improve your health and wellbeing
- Someone who can find you support and activities that will suit you
- Someone who can give you support along the way
Am I eligible?
The service is available to people living in Hastings & Rother, Eastbourne, Seaford & Hailsham areas, aged 16 and over, who are experiencing issues affecting their physical or mental health and wellbeing.
How do I access the service?
A member of your GP Practice team may suggest a referral to Community Connectors. They can send a referral directly to us, with your consent, or you can self-refer using the link below. We will be in touch within 7 days of receiving your referral.
Where can I meet a Community Navigator?
We currently run clinics in the following GP Practices. If you are registered with them, we can meet you there.
Hastings & Rother
- Warrior Square Surgery
- Sedlescombe Surgery
- Westfield Surgery
- Station Practice, Station Plaza Health Centre
- Sidley Medical Practice
- South Saxon House Surgery
- Harold Road Surgery
- Battle Health Centre
- Rye Medical Centre
Eastbourne, Seaford & Hailsham
- Lighthouse Medical Centre
- Grove Road Surgery
- Manor Park Surgery
- Hampden Park Health Centre
- Eastbourne Station Health Centre
- Downlands Medical Centre / Willingdon Surgery
- Seaforth Farm Surgery
- Seaford Medical Practice
- Old School Surgery
- Seaside Medical Centre
We can also see at you the following Community Centres (by appointment only):
- Eastbourne Wellbeing Centre
- Bexhill Community Centre
- Eastbourne Volunteers Hub
- Tilekiln Community Centre
- Autism Sussex, Roebuck Centre
- ESRA, Hastings
For more information on Southdown’s Community Connectors contact us by calling 01323 340151 or email Social.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect Well at Marlborough House, St Leonards-on-Sea
Connect Well is provided as part of the Community Connectors Social Prescribing service in in partnership with the GP Practice at Marlborough House, Warrior Square.
Connect Well has brought together a wide range of services and activities under one roof. We currently have 12 services that we are working with providing mental health support, coaching, peer support, counselling, benefit advice, parental guidance, physical activity, healthy lifestyle, creative workshops and developmental courses. All of these services working in partnership will enable us to provide a more holistic way of supporting the local community with their wellbeing. The Ethos of all the partners is to open up pathways for all clients to access what they need to empower and improve wellbeing.
Please see the timetable below to see what is currently on offer.
If you would like to use this free space for your service please contact us by calling 01323 340151 or email Social.email@example.com.