Transition & Resettlement Service
Ellie Kinnell - Team Manager
Lindsay Jordan - Team Manager
About the service
The Transition & Resettlement Service supports people to transition and successfully settle into independent accommodation.
The service is funded by Brighton & Hove City Council and forms part of the Next Steps Strategy, to help ensure some of the most vulnerable people in society continue to have a roof over their heads and are helped into long term accommodation.
The service is available to adults who are transitioning from rough sleeping/homelessness, mental health supported accommodation, emergency accommodation or former clients who are struggling to live independently and sustain a tenancy.
How the service works
The service is delivered across three phases of support using a goal orientated, flexible and trauma informed approach:
- Transition: Planning and preparing for the move and securing a tenancy offer
- Resettlement: Support with the move and to settle into the new home
- Sustainment: Thriving within the new home and retaining the tenancy
Support also focusses on areas such as:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connections
- Skills and occupation
- Culture and community
The service is available to adults who require support to transition into an independent tenancy from:
- supported accommodation for homeless adults or young people
- mental health supported accommodation
- emergency accommodation
- rough sleeping
- have been referred for a private rented sector accommodation scheme and requires support to manage an independent tenancy
- are experiencing issues living in independent accommodation and have been a former client of the service
How to access
Referrals can be made by supported accommodation providers, emergency accommodation providers and Brighton & Hove Housing Options Team.
If you would like to discuss making a referral please contact one of our Team Managers: Ellie Kinnell or Lindsay Jordan (contact details at the top of this page).
If you have previously been a client of the Transition & Resettlement Service and require additional support, please contact a Team Manager on the details provided below.