Transition & Resettlement Service
Ellie Kinnell - Team Manager
Lindsay Jordan - Team Manager
About the service
The Transition & Resettlement Service supports people to transition and successfully settle into independent accommodation.
The service is funded by Brighton & Hove City Council and forms part of the Next Steps Strategy, to help ensure some of the most vulnerable people in society continue to have a roof over their heads and are helped into long term accommodation.
The service is available to adults who are transitioning from rough sleeping/homelessness, mental health supported accommodation, emergency accommodation or former clients who are struggling to live independently and sustain a tenancy.
How the service works
The service is delivered across three phases of support using a goal orientated, flexible and trauma informed approach:
- Transition: Planning and preparing for the move and securing a tenancy offer
- Resettlement: Support with the move and to settle into the new home
- Sustainment: Thriving within the new home and retaining the tenancy
Support also focusses on areas such as:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connections
- Skills and occupation
- Culture and community
The service is available to adults who require support to transition into an independent tenancy from:
- supported accommodation for homeless adults or young people
- mental health supported accommodation
- emergency accommodation
- rough sleeping
- have been referred for a private rented sector accommodation scheme and requires support to manage an independent tenancy
- are experiencing issues living in independent accommodation and have been a former client of the service
How to access
Referrals can be made by supported accommodation providers, emergency accommodation providers and Brighton & Hove Housing Options Team.
If you would like to discuss making a referral please contact one of our Team Managers: Ellie Kinnell or Lindsay Jordan (contact details at the top of this page).
If you have previously been a client of the Transition & Resettlement Service and require additional support, please contact a Team Manager on the details provided below.
At Southdown we are committed to supporting people whilst keeping both our clients and staff safe by practicing good infection control. You can read our latest Covid-19 statement here.