Southdown Named Top 30 Family-Friendly Employer in UK
Posted on 20 September 2023
We are delighted to announce that the national charity for working parents and carers, Working Families, has announced, for the eleventh year running, that Southdown has been awarded a place on its prestigious and competitive list of top family-friendly employers in the UK.
Employers large and small from across the public, private, and third sectors compete annually to gain a coveted place on the charity’s list of Top Employers for Working Families.
Employers were assessed using the Working Families’ Benchmark and were scored on four key areas to build a comprehensive picture of their flexible and family-friendly policies and practices that specifically support parents and carers. Southdown has been placed in the top 30 alongside organisations such as American Express, Experian, and Santander.
Jane van Zyl, CEO of Working Families, says,
We are delighted with the standard of entries for this year’s Top Employers for Working Families list. These employers show they are leading the way in building family-friendly and flexible workplaces in the UK and are already ahead of the curve when it comes to implementing the changes needed to comply with the new flexible working legislation coming into practice next year. Almost nine out of ten of our Benchmark entrants are already offering flexible working as a day one right.
Jo Raisey, Southdown’s Director of People, Culture & Change, says,
Achieving a spot in the Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eleventh consecutive year is a testament to Southdown’s unwavering commitment to creating a family-friendly and flexible work environment. This highlights our dedication to supporting working parents and caregivers, acknowledging the importance of a work-life balance.
We pride ourselves on having a hard working, diverse workforce, and a friendly and respectful culture. We know if our employees are well supported, and engaged in our mission and values, we can deliver better services.
We pledge to every member of our team that we will:
- offer good employment benefits and working conditions, where everyone is treated fairly and with respect
- create a welcoming, professional, and enjoyable work culture that recognises individuals and their input
- invest in induction, training, and supervision to ensure employees are skilled and fully supported to do their job
- provide resources and organisational support services so employees can work effectively and efficiently
- be a flexible employer so staff can enjoy a good work-life balance
- celebrate the contribution our employees make to help us provide vital services for our clients
Take a look at the current job opportunities in our team here.